[OpenIndiana-discuss] ZFS, Samba, Windows ACLs

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Tue Oct 16 10:22:22 UTC 2012

2012-10-16 6:44, lbragg at me.com wrote:
>> Specifically the issues are with PAM, nsswitch, and setting the ACLs.
>> -svccfg -s name-service/switch
>> --svccfg: Pattern 'name-service/switch' doesn't match any instances or
>> services
>> Nsswitch does not seem to exist. (Remember I am new to this and it may
>> be staring me in the face.)
>
> First of all, this should be all with dashes (at least in OI):
> # svccfg -s name-service-switch
>
> Tried this and same issue, not found. I did try a `pkg search` but could
> not find the package.
> Not sure what I am doing wrong... :/

Oh shoot, my bad. I copy-pasted your example without looking deeper.
It should be name-service-cache and name-services (at least it's in
Solaris 10 and OpenSolaris; where did you get the -switch - Sol11?):

# svcs -a | grep name-ser
online         2011     svc:/milestone/name-services:default
online         2011     svc:/system/name-service-cache:default

> Also there are name-services (when changing naming configs,
> you often are better off restarting both of these).

Among other things that bite people are NWAM for networking auto
config magic (vs. static config via good old files), which can
replace the /etc/nsswitch.conf file according to the profile it
thinks currently applies to you. Even if not, validate what is
in your current copy of /etc/nsswitch.conf file.

Sorry, //Jim