[OpenIndiana-discuss] Firefox 13 & Java

Reginald Beardsley pulaskite at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 16 16:38:00 UTC 2012

I updated to Firefox 13 some time ago.  I just discovered that it "disabled Java because it was out of date".

I've installed jre1.7.0_07 per the  Oracle instructions (which are hopelessly out of date and stop at Firefox 4) and restarted Firefox.

Firefox Tools->Add-ons->Plugins says "You don't have any add-ons of this type installed."

There's a working symlink in /usr/lib/firefox/plugins to libnpjp2.so

Any suggestions?  google didn't produce anything relevant and "learn more" from Firefox just wants to pimp things I don't want.  The OI Java install seems to be a bowl of symlink spaghetti.

Is there something in the user directory that affects this?  I tried creating a new .mozilla tree, but ti didn't help.

Thanks,
Reg