[OpenIndiana-discuss] usb audio

Udo Grabowski (IMK) udo.grabowski at kit.edu
Tue Oct 16 20:15:38 UTC 2012

On 10/16/12 05:56 PM, Andrey N. Oktyabrski wrote:
> On 16.10.12 19:18, Udo Grabowski (IMK) wrote:
>> I found that these entries in /etc/dacf.conf formerly present in
>> Osol 2009.06 are missing now:
>>
>> #
>> # Configure and/or unconfigure usb audio devices.
>> # usb_ac as a mux for hid and usb_as devices.
>> #
>> driver-minorname="usb_ac:mux" usb_ac_dacf:usb_audio_config post-attach -
>> driver-minorname="usb_ac:mux" usb_ac_dacf:usb_audio_config pre-detach -
>>
>> The /etc/driver_aliases entry is still there, the /kernel/drv/usb_ac is
>> there, and the /kernel/drv/usb_ac.conf file has this promising entry
>> commented:
>> #
>> # Uncomment reset-configuration to cause the usb_ac driver's state to
>> # be reset to the default when the driver is loaded. Otherwise this state
>> # is retained across driver unload/reload cycles, but not across reboots.
>> #
>> #reset-configuration=1;
>>
>> Maybe inserting the above lines and uncommenting this one followed
>> by a reboot helps ?
> No, it does not help.
>
> May be another driver must be loaded? Such as usb_as. I do not see it in
> the modinfo output.

It looks like both must be loaded, usb_as lies below usb_ac,
which is the control interface for user applications.
But these drivers will only work (and load automatically) if
the device complies to the USB audio class specification, which
should be seen in prtconf -v as either usbif,class1.1 or
usbif,class1.2 for your device. If not, you need a proprietary
driver for that specific gadget.
--
Dr.Udo Grabowski    Inst.f.Meteorology a.Climate Research IMK-ASF-SAT
www-imk.fzk.de/asf/sat/grabowski/ www.imk-asf.kit.edu/english/sat.php