[OpenIndiana-discuss] Namespace management and symlinks in /usr

Gregory S. Youngblood gregory at youngblood.me
Thu Oct 18 02:31:30 UTC 2012

I took a different approach to do something very similar. I used an env file where all the executable locations were defined and also built a few aliases. I then used uname to detect the os and source the appropriate file. Wrapped that in a single file something so my scripts started with ". ~/bin/loadenvexes.sh" and I was good to go. Worked well across sol/osol/oi, Mac, and several flavors of Linux.

--
Sent from my Jelly Bean Galaxy Nexus