[OpenIndiana-discuss] Archive for unsupported machines

Jonathan Adams t12nslookup at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 15:56:36 UTC 2012

On 18 October 2012 12:08, Gary Gendel <gary at genashor.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know if firmware updates from devices (in my case SunFire v20z
> I've had since the late 90s) are available somewhere? I've been able to find
> a lot of archives for the old Sun pages, but the download links for these
> packages fail.

I take it you followed the links from:
http://www.oracle.com/us/products/servers-storage/servers/previous-products/index.html

to the firmware page and found that there are no "Sun Fire V*"
machines that are not running Sparc ...

I have it downloaded somewhere around here, but I'm not sure what the
license situation is wrt letting you get a copy.

> This kind of information might be useful for others that are running OI on
> unsupported Sun boxes. Sorry if this is inappropriate for this list.

Not sure if it is inappropriate for this list, in that people with Sun
Hardware frequent this list, but it's not exactly an OI problem ...

Jon