[OpenIndiana-discuss] Same networking with varied NICs

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Sat Oct 20 16:55:10 UTC 2012

2012-10-20 20:16, Jim Klimov wrote:
> As a midway point, vanity naming did not solve this.

IPMP also failed to help me. It does work out of the box,
but does not create the kind of interface that can be used
by dladm - I can't bind a vnic to "ipmp0" or make an aggr
using it as a component :(

Overall, I guess an RFE is in order for an aggr that can
exist while some devices are missing. That would be good
on several accounts - both a situation like mine, and a
server whose NIC breaks or is removed and the rest of
networking should not go to hell (seems it would now).

//Jim