[OpenIndiana-discuss] Same networking with varied NICs

Michael Stapleton michael.stapleton at techsologic.com
Sat Oct 20 14:22:43 UTC 2012

Solaris 11 zonecfg support a NIC configuration called anet.

"When such a zone boots, a lower-link (see below) will be
         automatically  determined and a temporary VNIC automati-
         cally created over that link for the  zone.  The  lower-
         link and VNIC are deleted when the zone halts."

Does anyone know if there are plans to add this feature to OI?

Mike