[OpenIndiana-discuss] Only one SSD detected on expander

Robin Axelsson gu99roax at student.chalmers.se
Sun Oct 21 11:03:29 UTC 2012

The worst case would be if the firmware image is signed and encrypted,
which I doubt. There is a workaround for that too if that would be the
case anyway.  I'm not sure whether those firmware images have a real
file system (such as yaffs for Android devices) or are just a solid
binary file.

Here are a few pages that I found:

http://hexblog.com/files/recon%202010%20Skochinsky.pdf

http://sviehb.wordpress.com/2011/09/06/reverse-engineering-an-obfuscated-firmware-image-e01-unpacking/