[OpenIndiana-discuss] ZFS remote receive

Geoff Nordli geoffn at gnaa.net
Tue Oct 23 17:59:50 UTC 2012

On 12-10-23 04:52 AM, Sebastian Gabler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am facing a problem with zfs receive through ssh. As usually, root
> can't log on ssh; the log on users can't receive a zfs stream (rights
> problem), and pfexec is disabled on the target host (as I understand
> it is nowadays default for OI151_a...)
>
> What are the suggestions to solve this? I tried several approaches
> with sudo, and su to no avail. I had tried to enable pfexec on the
> target system, too and couldn't do it.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> BR
>
> Sebastian

Hi Sebastian.

I use the sudo method and I also assign the user zfs rights for that pool.
here is my sudoers file:

bkuser        ALL = NOPASSWD: /usr/sbin/zfs

and here is the rights assignment:

zfs allow -s @adminrole
clone,create,destroy,mount,promote,quota,receive,rename,reservation,rollback,send,snapshot,userprop
backup
zfs allow bkuser @adminrole backup

I am sure it could be a lot tighter for security, but it works.

Have a great day!!

Geoff