[OpenIndiana-discuss] Unable to label 3 TB USB disk on 151a7

Reginald Beardsley pulaskite at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 24 22:27:58 UTC 2012

Sigh... Some days you just can't win.

The system I'm trying to get the 3 TB disk working w/ has been on a 4 port KVM switch for several years.  151a7 seems to have decided that I can use the mouse or I can use the keyboard, but not both.  Though I didn't notice any problem when I was fiddling w/ the SATA drive on the 151a7 system.  So it may be related to having the 3 TB USB disk connected.
I'll test that tomorrow.

My regular internet access system is on the same switch running 151a.  Both 151a and Sol 10 sometimes lose a USB connection, usually to the mouse, but cycling back through the systems restores the connection.  But the 151a7 box was persistently toggling mouse only - keyboard only.

I think I've suffered enough for today.  When I started the day I had one admin problem.  Now I have 3 :-(

Reg