[OpenIndiana-discuss] "bad mutex" crash?

Dan Swartzendruber dswartz at druber.com
Sun Oct 28 19:55:44 UTC 2012

On a related topic: this is my backup OI VM.  It mainly just receives
5-minute snaps to a replicate of the main ESXi datastore share.  Both VMs
have fairly small root "disks", but I noticed I didn't have a rpool/dump on
the main OI VM, so I went to create it and dumpadm bitched me out for having
insufficient space.  The reason is that the backup OI has 8GB ram (which is
fine, since it is 'write only'), but the main OI has 20GB, since I want a
decent hit in ARC (as well as enough RAM to allow the two 128GB SSDs to
fill).  I guess I can create a 32GB virtual disk and move the rpool to it,
but it seems like kind of a waste just for the off chance I get a kernel
panic.  Are there any ways to dodge this, or do I need to just bite the
bullet?