[OpenIndiana-discuss] "bad mutex" crash?

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Mon Oct 29 21:33:03 UTC 2012

2012-10-28 23:55, Dan Swartzendruber wrote:
> fill).  I guess I can create a 32GB virtual disk and move the rpool to it,
> but it seems like kind of a waste just for the off chance I get a kernel
> panic.  Are there any ways to dodge this, or do I need to just bite the
> bullet?

I think you can configure dumpadm to use another pool for dumps.
You can certainly use another pool for swap area, and free up
space on rpool - if rpool/dump must indeed be on rpool.

Quite likely, you can also expand (live or offline) your VM's
harddisk and then autoexpand your rpool, though that would likely
require merging and destruction of older VM (hypervizor's) snapshots.

HTH,
//Jim