[OpenIndiana-discuss] ZFS remote receive

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Tue Oct 30 18:03:13 UTC 2012

2012-10-30 19:21, Sebastian Gabler wrote:
> Whereas that's relative: performance is still at a quite miserable 62
> MB/s through a gigabit link. Apparently, my environment has room for
> improvement.

Does your gigabit ethernet use Jumbo Frames (like 9000 or up to 16KB,
depending on your NICs, switches and other networking gear) for
unrouted (L2) storage links? It is said that traditional MTU=1500
has too many overheads with packet size and preamble delays between
packets that effectively limit a gigabit to 700-800Mbps...

//Jim