[OpenIndiana-discuss] Gnome and the future

openbabel openbabel at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 15:25:13 UTC 2012

I am of a commercial view. I am interested in the most popular desktop
and most developed environment which is accepted by the current or
potential user base.It would not be the correct choice
going with a project which either peters out or is not accepted by
commercial users as this would waste development time and resource too?

As an Enterprise system the commercial view should prevail?

On 30/10/2012 17:27, låzaro wrote:
> Hi all, as many people don't wanna see, gnome future is like a submarine
> without roof. So, my question. What about make the new gnome's fork as
> default desktop enviroment, just like is making linux mint. OI always
> have the step in the next time. That project look like very good with a
> lot of good toys...

This transmission is intended to be private and confidential. Intended
solely for the person or organisation to whom it is addressed. It may
contain privileged and confidential information. If you are not the
intended recipient, you should not copy, distribute or take any action
in reliance on it. If you have received this transmission in error,
please notify the sender at the e-mail address above. Thank you.