[OpenIndiana-discuss] Gnome and the future

Maxim Kondratovich maxim.mvk at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 22:48:21 UTC 2012

So why OI has DE at all? Leading to your logic community has to cut off
DE from distribution at all... And what we will have? Another one
illumos based server distribution?!

I see OI as OS for general purposes, so stopping development in DE will
decrease value of OI. Yes, community is to small but we have to find
compromise and community will grow up.

P.S. I'm not an active OI developer, but I help with testing and I'm
going to contribute as developer at future.

- Maxim