[OpenIndiana-discuss] ldap client config not persistent after reboot

Natxo Asenjo natxo.asenjo at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 11:32:45 UTC 2012

hi,

I have installed the OI for servers (from usb) and would like to get the
users info from a redhat ipa server.

Using the ldapclient tool I get everything to work, but after a reboot the
ldap/client service is disabled and nsswitch.conf misses the ldap entries I
edited.

Enabling the ldap client and re-editing nsswith.conf fixes it, but this
must obviously work after rebooting.

I am a solaris newbie, so the chance of a PEBKAC is real :-)

This is what I have done to enable the ldap client service:

# svcadm enable ldap/client
# svcs -a | grep ldap
online         11:23:39 svc:/network/ldap/client:default

After a reboot:
#  svcs -x ldap/client:default
svc:/network/ldap/client:default (LDAP client)
 State: disabled since September  2, 2012 01:27:19 PM CEST
Reason: Temporarily disabled by an administrator.
   See: http://illumos.org/msg/SMF-8000-1S
   See: ldap_cachemgr(1M)
Impact: This service is not running

I am obviously missing something, but what exactly still escapes me? Any
help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA.
--
Groeten,