[OpenIndiana-discuss] ldap client config not persistent after reboot

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Mon Sep 3 00:02:49 UTC 2012

As a wild guess, temporary disabled may mean that some services
prerequisite to ldap did not start well. Try to research dependencies
(svcs -d/-D) or enable recursively (svcadm enable -r).

What you're doing seems like it should work.

nsswitch confuses me... do you have NWAM enabled? try to get it
reconfigured, or disable it and use the physical:default service
to configure networking from files as was documented eons ago.

HTH
//Jim