[OpenIndiana-discuss] "OpenIndiana lead Alasdair Lumsden resigns"

Gary Gendel gary at genashor.com
Sun Sep 2 16:23:58 UTC 2012

This assumes that there will never be remote user access (vnc, etc.) to
do development work that uses a GUI interface.  So you can't have SunRay
type capabilities or even do simple things like web page development on
that box (without gimp or some other graphics capability).  Basically
all development would require a non-illumos box.  I currently can do
this with VNC using my tablet or laptop which has saved my tail a number
of times when I'm on the road since I'm not allowed to have proprietary
data with me when I travel.