[OpenIndiana-discuss] "OpenIndiana lead Alasdair Lumsden resigns"

Dmitry Kozhinov dima at desktopfay.com
Mon Sep 3 10:07:10 UTC 2012

 > Secondly I find it incredibly hard to start developing things on the
operating system.

I may be irrelevant here, but there are rapid application development
tools in modern computing world. One of them could be packaged for
OpenIndiana. I am talking about Lazarus - a RAD environment for Free
Pascal compiler. Having Lazarus for OpenIndiana would provide an
easy-to-follow path for Windows developers who want to develop for UNIX.
See http://lazarus.freepascal.org/ and
http://wiki.freepascal.org/Lazarus_on_Solaris .