[OpenIndiana-discuss] [discuss] SPARC and Illumos

DavidHalko davidhalko at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 07:42:12 UTC 2012

Hello All!!!

I was just wondering how this is coming along.

I would like to see OI actually running! (it would not work on my last couple of laptops, so I have been unable to contribute much outside of wikipedia & blog updates.)

I may be able to test on:
- V100
- V120
- V240
- Ultra60

Are we close to the point where OI will boot under SPARC?

I have some commercial SPARC apps I want to try, as well.

This could be the first step to getting commercial isv support on Illumos, if the rest of the userland did not change too much!

Just need a boot cd iso!

Thanks, Dave