[OpenIndiana-discuss] "OpenIndiana lead Alasdair Lumsden resigns"

Open Indiana openindiana at out-side.nl
Tue Sep 4 15:27:51 UTC 2012

+1

Maybe 1 dedicated ISO build to be installed on the HP Microserver which has pre-installed:
1. napp-it (creating networkshares and manage Harddisks at ease)
2. SMTP/POP3 servers with smart configuration scripts so a user can create a mailserver at ease
3. CUPS scripts for printer sharing

If you take the HP microserver and stick 4x 1 TB drives and 2x2 GB in it, you have a great performing small office appliance for less than € 800,-

This way you will create a worldwide rumor about a new and lightning fast OS. It will attract new (business) users.

After this more basic ISO's can be developed for other hardware. OI runs out-of-the box on the Microserver hardware.

I own a HP Microserver and it performs extremely well. It is used as a newsgroup reader, NFS server, Windows user-profile storage, mailserver, printerserver and more.