[OpenIndiana-discuss] Illumos as a NAS

finid at linuxbsdos.com finid at linuxbsdos.com
Tue Sep 4 21:26:31 UTC 2012

My response is not necessarily specific to this thread, but has any
body looked at what OmniOs guys are doing, and see if there is a
possibility of pooling resources. Merge efforts, so that there are more
resources to direct at what we are trying to do. Of course, it means
that some people will have to compromise on certain issues, but for the
good of the community, these things have to be done.

Right now, PC-BSD and FreeBSD are just about the only real, free means
of playing with ZFS, but not in a very user-friendly manner.

The market (free and commercial) for what ZFS brings to the table is
too big to be ignored.

http://omnios.omniti.com/

Just my 2 cents!

--