[OpenIndiana-discuss] stty source code

Reginald Beardsley pulaskite at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 5 15:20:18 UTC 2012

I find that I am unable to convert a newline returned by a remote host to NL-CR for display in a terminal window.

So instead of:

ok
ok
ok

I get:

ok
   ok
      ok

I thought I'd try to find out why.  I also found I can't actually set "-onlcr" w/ stty though I can toggle "olcuc".  Some things in stty work and some don't.

I've actually modified the forth interpreter to send NL-CR and reassembled the code, so my original problem is solved.  But it bugs me that things don't seem to work properly.  While ttys are not used much now in the wider world, they are still heavily used as the interface to microcontrollers both for interaction and for loading new firmware.

I'm *very* resistant to having to use Linux for this and simply won't use Windows which is the predominate environment for working w/ microcontrollers.  Unfortunately there's a fair bit of open source stuff that doesn't like Solaris :-(  It was a good bit of work to get this far.

In view of the admin overhead, I'll probably defer working on ttymon & friends until I can setup a faster OI machine.  Working on OI wasn't actually in my plans at this time.

Thanks for the pointers.

Have Fun!
Reg