[OpenIndiana-discuss] Grub for ext2fs filesystem

Ivan Gualandri ivan.gualandri at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 14:36:54 UTC 2012

I just installed openindiana on my laptopo in dual boot with linux.

But i have a problem with grub of openindiana. I try to load the linux
kernel using grub command line.

The boot partition is ext2 fs.

When i enter the command root(hd0, 0)  it recognize the partition as
ext2fs.

The problem is with command kernel, when i insert the kernel line i always
have a file not found error. And if i try to enter the kernel name using
tab completion the folder is correctly recognized, but when it try to look
for kernel name, it replace all characters with weird characters.

Any idea?
Is this a bug?

Ivan

--