[OpenIndiana-discuss] Grub for ext2fs filesystem

Fabrizio Chierzi fabrizio.chierzi at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 14:55:05 UTC 2012

Hi Ivan ... I've already installed OpenIndiana in dual boot with Ubuntu,
Windows, PC-BSD ... I use the boot loader of Ubuntu (Grub 2) to choose
among them ... In /etc/grub.d there is a the file 40_custom ... Suppose
that you installed OpenIndiana on the 3rd primary partition of the first
disk ... You edit this file and you add this entry

menuentry "OpenIndiana" {
        set root=(hd0,3)
        chainloader +1
}

Later you run that command: sudo update-grub

In the end you restart your laptop and everything has to be right

Enjoy your day

Fabrizio Chierzi