[OpenIndiana-discuss] Cannot ping localhost (with NoNet configuration)

Ivan Gualandri ivan.gualandri at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 22:23:47 UTC 2012

I did other tests and these are the result:
1. Tried to telnet to localhost at port 10002 and i have that result:

Trying ::1 ...
telnte connect to address ::1: connection refused
Trying 127.0.0.1
telnet connect to address 127.0.0.1: connection refused

It seems that other commands can correctly translate localhost.

Now following tha guide on the wiki to create a local software repository :
http://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/Making+a+LAN+mirror+of+global+package+repositories

I just created the service dev and enabled it, but when i try the command

pkgrepo info -s http://localhost:10002

I have the following error:
pkgrepo: Framework error: code 7 reason: couldn't connect to host.

The values that i used are:

setprop pkg/inst_root = astring: "/export/pkg/dev/"
setprop pkg/port = count: 10002
setprop pkg/proxy_base = astring: http://localhost:10002

So what is the problem? My network configuration or my repository
configuration? Or both?

Thanks,
Ivan