[OpenIndiana-discuss] Interest in OpenIndiana VPS host?

Geoff Nordli geoffn at gnaa.net
Sat Sep 8 17:31:51 UTC 2012

On 12-09-07 06:19 PM, Adam Del Vecchio wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Would there be any interest in an Xen VPS host that provided OpenIndiana as an option for installation on the server?

I would be interested in hosting where we could have a mixture of
dedicated OI and Linux Ubuntu servers.  We would want to install
VirtualBox and other software on the host.  The servers would need to be
isolated in a private network.  I would like to easily be able to add
extra servers.  We have a hands-on lab solution for education and ISVs.
I would like to be able to easily add capacity in different regions.
The lab machines run from iscsi targets on the OI box and we would like
to have 10GB connectivity.

The biggest problem I find is the cost because we need lots of RAM and
hosting providers charge horrendous fees when you start adding RAM.

Geoff