[OpenIndiana-discuss] USB WiFi dongel? / N Standard wifi

Enrico enricop at computer.org
Tue Sep 11 06:41:56 UTC 2012

Hi Heinz,
I confirm that the current net80211 module and libdlwlan library often have an
authentication timeout problem during the wpa2 4way handshake. This happens for
both pure wpa2 AP and wpa/wpa2 AP.
It is not a problem of the kernel that supports AES_CCM cypher and not of wpad
daemon, but in how libdlwlan and wpa driver interface manage the association
process. In other cases it can be a device driver issue but i think this is not
your case.

In general this problem is solved in the wpa_enterprise GSoC project repo.
This, i think, will be integrated in Illumos, not before October.
Let me know if you want to try an build the development bits.

Regarding support for High Throughput rates:
while the device driver  might correctly advertise the speed rate to your AP,
libdlwlan will not *show* speed rates higher than 54mb. Also net80211 module
might lack of full support for these rates.

However if dhcp works you are associated with the AP,
but you probably receive a deauth frame as soon as you get the IP.
I would try with dladm if you are not using this yet and be
sure the psk passed to wpad is correct (dladm show-secobj -o all).

Best Regards
Enrico