[OpenIndiana-discuss] Current ZFS Backup projects

Lucas Van Tol catseyev9 at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 12 13:21:42 UTC 2012

I also go with rsync for other OS -> ZFS; you can also use ssh keys and use the forced command behaviour to manage snapshots.
Deltacopy on windows seems to interact nicely in such an environment; or just using 'cron' jobs on Linux/Mac clients.

For ZFS based transfers; I just have cron tasks on a 'backup' server that pull down zfs snapshot differentials over SSH.

Not sure about any existing packages; I have puppet managing most of my systems and it just distributes necessary SSH keys and cron tasks ...

-Lucas Van Tol