[OpenIndiana-discuss] How to help if you are not developer: Re: "OpenIndiana lead Alasdair Lumsden resigns"

Jan Owoc jsowoc at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 13:37:04 UTC 2012

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 11:22 PM, Michael Schuster
<michaelsprivate at gmail.com> wrote:

> something else that comes to mind where a non-programmer can help:
>
> Testing. While I'm by no means an expert in this subject, I can think
> of: installation tests (which HW? how long? are the results as
> expected),
[...]

I have OI running on some hardware that isn't on the HCL (yet). Is
there some sort of "test suite" that I can run to verify what is
working (even if it's a list of components that need to be checked by
hand)? Otherwise I could only speak of compatibility for the 3
hardware components I actually use.

Jan