[OpenIndiana-discuss] Wont start - Resolved

Jan Owoc jsowoc at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 22:05:45 UTC 2012

Hi Bob,

On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 3:54 PM, Bob Palank <bob at stlcc.org> wrote:
> B) what do you have set as the OS type? Microsoft Windows Ver Windows XP

In VirtualBox, if you specify what the host OS is, VirtualBox sets
certain things to what has been found to work. I suggest changing the
guest OS type to "Solaris" and version to "Oracle Solaris 10 10/09 and
later (64-bit)".

> C) how much memory have you allocated to the machine? 579MB

As others have noted, while OpenIndiana should run ok with 512 MB of
RAM allocated to the guest machine, giving it 768 MB (if you have that
much free on the host machine) will give better performance.

Cheers,
Jan