[OpenIndiana-discuss] XStreamOS distro available

Stephan Budach stephan.budach at jvm.de
Thu Sep 20 09:11:46 UTC 2012

Am 20.09.12 10:51, schrieb Gabriele Bulfon:
> Hi,
> good questions.
> At the moment, the key features are not to have more features at all than what illumos provides,
> and a text-installer that places everything at its place as we usually do.
> We at Sonicle liked the idea of having our own distribution of illumos, allowing us to streamline
> kernel updates when we need it, and make XStreamOS the base for our products that we
> used to deliver on Solaris 8/9/10 until Sun was acquired.
> This is a starting point. Now that we have this, and share this with the community, we can start
> thinking about key features to deliver.
> Any suggestion will be appreciated ;)
> Gabriele.
Hi Gabriele,

I like the idea of a baseline OS, without and extra-stuff as long as the
basic features are available and since they are, I will surely give it a
spin. Do you happen to know, if it will run on OracleVM? I've had no
success with OI on that one and have been waiting for an illumos-driven
distro would be available that will run on OVM. Either Solaris 11/11/11
and OI had some issues with - I believe it was some apic stuff.

Cheers,
budy