[OpenIndiana-discuss] XStreamOS distro available

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Thu Sep 20 11:50:50 UTC 2012

On 2012-09-20 08:40, Gabriele Bulfon wrote:
> Hi,
> this is a bare distribution featuring just the illumos kernel and dependency packages,
> just the minimum requirements + gcc.

Is this your take at becoming the reference distro for development
and lightweight-footprint testing of development for illumos-gate? ;)

I am not sure if the distro for such dev/test purposes (or a server)
needs to be cluttered with GUI installer and desktop as others suggest;
at most - as optional packages.

If so, does it also support boot environments and perhaps networked
installation (over PXE or the likes)? Some sort of automated installer
to initialize racks of servers or new test VMs with a new kernel build -
now that would be a useful feature for the purpose.

My 2c,
//Jim