[OpenIndiana-discuss] Solaris cp problems

Sebastian Gabler sequoiamobil at gmx.net
Mon Sep 24 10:09:09 UTC 2012

Hi,

I am facing problems with the solaris cp command:

$ usr/bin/cp -pr <sourcedir> . is raising the following errors:

"cp: cannot create ./<SubdirOfTargetDir> too many open files"
"cp: cannot open <SomeFileInSubDirofSourceDir> too many open files"
"cp: Failed to preserve extended system attributes of directory"

Any idea how to fix that on 5.11 oi_151a i86pc i386 i86pc Solaris?

BR

Sebastian

PS: I am using the Solaris cp command to have an easy way to preserve
file attributes moving a share from one pool to the other of my CIFS
server.