[OpenIndiana-discuss] Solaris cp problems

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Tue Sep 25 15:30:28 UTC 2012

2012-09-25 18:11, Rob McMahon пишет:
> On 25/09/2012 14:52, Jim Klimov wrote:

>>> rsync would do a better job of that generally speaking.
>>
>> No it won't, if we're speaking about ACLs and extended attributes
>> which rsync AFAIK does not know about. In this case you might be
>> better served by Sun versions of find and cpio, see examples in
>> the cpio manpage.
>> //Jim
>>
> I think it depends on your rsync :-)

Maybe; but even this summer the features were being discussed
and POCed on rsync mailing lists (note there is a difference
between POSIX ACLs as on UFS and NFS4 ACLs as on ZFS, Linux
and maybe NTFS to an extent), i.e.:
https://lists.samba.org/archive/rsync/2012-June/027616.html
https://lists.samba.org/archive/rsync/2012-June/027617.html

I did not check either ACL or xattr support lately regarding
these features implementation in Solaris/ZFS, so can't comment
with solid arguments :)

//Jim