[OpenIndiana-discuss] Mitigating the performance impact of scrub

Udo Grabowski (IMK) udo.grabowski at kit.edu
Thu Sep 27 16:06:01 UTC 2012

On 27/09/2012 18:00, Robbie Crash wrote:
> But doesn't that also limit the maximum that the system will use for all
> ZFS anything? So you'd be cutting all ZFS performance, not just limiting
> what's used during scrub?

Yep, but if you fall into the category of guys who need the
machine for other work than running ZFS benchmarks (remember,
we are USERS....), that's a configuration worth to consider....
Good values are estimated best by thingking about the typical
and worst case usage of the machine, there's no general guideline,
a little bit of experimentation will tell you over time what's
best for your systems.
--
Dr.Udo Grabowski    Inst.f.Meteorology a.Climate Research IMK-ASF-SAT
www-imk.fzk.de/asf/sat/grabowski/ www.imk-asf.kit.edu/english/sat.php