[OpenIndiana-discuss] Mitigating the performance impact of scrub

Robbie Crash sardonic.smiles at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 16:10:15 UTC 2012

Right, my OI box sits in the back streaming media, so I don't need it to do
anything else. I sometimes forget that people use computers in ways I do
not.

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 12:06 PM, Udo Grabowski (IMK) <udo.grabowski at kit.edu
> wrote:

> On 27/09/2012 18:00, Robbie Crash wrote:
>
>> But doesn't that also limit the maximum that the system will use for all
>> ZFS anything? So you'd be cutting all ZFS performance, not just limiting
>> what's used during scrub?
>>
>>  Yep, but if you fall into the category of guys who need the
> machine for other work than running ZFS benchmarks (remember,
> we are USERS....), that's a configuration worth to consider....
> Good values are estimated best by thingking about the typical
> and worst case usage of the machine, there's no general guideline,
> a little bit of experimentation will tell you over time what's
> best for your systems.
>
> --
> Dr.Udo Grabowski    Inst.f.Meteorology a.Climate Research IMK-ASF-SAT
> www-imk.fzk.de/asf/sat/**grabowski/<http://www-imk.fzk.de/asf/sat/grabowski/>
> www.imk-asf.kit.edu/english/**sat.php<http://www.imk-asf.kit.edu/english/sat.php>
> KIT - Karlsruhe Institute of Technology            http://www.kit.edu
> Postfach 3640,76021 Karlsruhe,Germany  T:(+49)721 608-26026 F:-926026

Seconds to the drop, but it seems like hours.

http://www.openmedia.ca
https://robbiecrash.me