[OpenIndiana-discuss] Laptop locking up, possibly on rge device - rings a bell to anyone?

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Fri Sep 28 06:48:36 UTC 2012

Thanks Marion for the pointers, I also figured it looks like
a interrupt problem (back in MSDOS times "kicking" the computer
hung in a game by moving a mouse could unhang it ;) )

However, now that I've checked, I don't see rge sharing an
IRQ vector with anything. It is of an MSI type currently bound
to CPU1 (and a pcieb is bound to CPU0 being the only other MSI
interrupt); I wonder if the CPU binding matters for this bug,
and if it can be controlled to test.

The only shared interrupts I see are two ehci driver instances
on one IRQ and three ohci instances on another.

Also, this is not an NVidia box but an AMD/ATI one (with the
integrated APU = CPU+GPU).

I've had a boot after my email where again I worked for hours
and intensively used the net without problems; then I had
boots where net hung upon IOs (i.e. I could start an "scp"
session from another machine and authenticate with a password,
but the actual file copy hung it), and currently the link is
down right from the bootup...

Thanks for more ideas,
//Jim