[OpenIndiana-discuss] Preliminary Download link: Illumos based MartUX_OpenIndiana_Edition for SPARC LiveDVD (without installer)

Andrej Javoršek drejc at ntf.uni-lj.si
Fri Sep 28 17:15:22 UTC 2012

Hello,
I also have no issues to boot liveDVD on my headless SF210 (LOM). Also had
no issues to start net with DHCP and IPv6 autoconf., start ssh ....
But the question remains how to install it on disk?
I followed manuals on Oracle howto create mirrored rpool...
- http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23824_01/html/821-1459/diskssadd-2.html
-
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E18752_01/html/821-1910/migratingufsoverview.html
- http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19082-01/817-2271/ggtia/index.html
rsync-ed content of (liveDVD booted) / to prepared rpool/ROOT/Martux
....?!
and got:
======snip======
{0} ok boot

SC Alert: Host System has Reset
Probing system devices
Probing memory
Probing I/O buses

Sun Fire V210, No Keyboard
Copyright 2005 Sun Microsystems, Inc.  All rights reserved.
OpenBoot 4.18.10, 4096 MB memory installed, Serial #OMITED.
Ethernet address OMITED, Host ID: OMITED.

Rebooting with command: boot
Boot device: /pci at 1c,600000/scsi at 2/disk at 0,0:a  File and args:

Can't open boot_archive

Now what?  :)

Best Regards
Andrej

BTW: I just noticed that I forgot to recreate boot_archive