[OpenIndiana-discuss] Copying a clone with zfs send/receive

Schweiss, Chip chip at innovates.com
Thu Apr 4 13:42:08 UTC 2013

In the past when I've sent an entire zpool, clones would copy to the
recieving pool just fine.

I'm trying to figure out how to get a single clone to copy with zfs
send/recieve.

So far the primary zfs folder and snapshots have been copied with all
snapshots.

Where I'm struggling is getting the clone to copy.

I've tried several combinations of sending incremental to full streams, but
nothing seems to work.

Each time I have created the clone on the receiving pool first from the
corresponding snapshot.

Can anyone give me a clue as to how I do this?

Thanks!
-Chip