[OpenIndiana-discuss] Copying a clone with zfs send/receive

Schweiss, Chip chip at innovates.com
Thu Apr 4 15:31:27 UTC 2013

Answering my own question I have figured out the problem.

I should not be creating the clone destination first.  zfs receive figures
out that a clone is being sent and creates the clone itself.

zfs send -i sourcepool/parrentfolder at origin
sourcepool/clonefolder at snapshot| zfs receive -d trargetpool