[OpenIndiana-discuss] Limit - 255 iSCSI targets

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Thu Apr 4 19:27:35 UTC 2013

On 2013-04-04 21:08, Manoj Ganesan wrote:
> I did increase this number (then rebuilt the source), and as a test,
> created around 2000 connections, without anything crashing on me. However,
> two operations seem to take much longer than they used to:
> 1. creating a target group (about 3-4 seconds)
> 2. adding an iscsi target to a target group (about 3-4 seconds)
>
> And I noticed this has consistently gone up while I was running the test,
> ending up in the numbers above.

Sounds like a loop of non-trivial work done for 0..N cycles
where N is the amount of existing objects created previously.
The more objects you've made, the longer further loops take.
Maybe these are status/config/conflict checks, or something?

Apparently, they take (3..4)/2000 ~= 0.002 seconds each :)

//Jim