[OpenIndiana-discuss] linux disk filter

DengEncore EncoreDeng at bizconline.com
Fri Apr 19 06:11:10 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I am writing a linux kernel module to filter the disk IO.
And I am facing the problems below:

1.       When the system start, how can I set my module be loaded before the file system?

If the file system is loaded first, maybe some disk IO will be out of filter before my module loaded.

2.       When the system shutdown, how can I set my module be unloaded after the system?

The same, I need to make sure there will be no disk IO after my module unloaded.

3.       For the system running, the filter data will be transferred from the module to the user application.

When the system shutdown, and the application was close.

Then, how can I save my filter data and I can load this data after the machine reboot?

Please comment, thx.

--
Best Rgds,
Encore Deng