[OpenIndiana-discuss] linux disk filter

Michael Schuster michaelsprivate at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 06:22:26 UTC 2013

Hi,

erm. This list is dedicated to OpenIndiana, which is NOT a flavour of
linux. While userland may look similar in many aspects, the kernel most
definitely does not, so even if you may get lucky and "find" someone who
can help you, I'd suggest you look for a linux-oriented mailing list and
ask there - I don't know much about linux, I'd start looking at kernel.org,
maybe there's some pointers there.

good luck
Michael

On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 8:11 AM, DengEncore <EncoreDeng at bizconline.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am writing a linux kernel module to filter the disk IO.
> And I am facing the problems below:
>

> 1.       When the system start, how can I set my module be loaded before
> the file system?
>
> If the file system is loaded first, maybe some disk IO will be out of
> filter before my module loaded.
>

> 2.       When the system shutdown, how can I set my module be unloaded
> after the system?
>
> The same, I need to make sure there will be no disk IO after my module
> unloaded.
>

> 3.       For the system running, the filter data will be transferred from
> the module to the user application.
>
> When the system shutdown, and the application was close.
>
> Then, how can I save my filter data and I can load this data after the
> machine reboot?
>

> Please comment, thx.
>

> --
> Best Rgds,
> Encore Deng
> Mobile: (86) 134 161 259 40
> BizCONLine Limited
> Member company of Incu-Tech Programme, HKSTP
> Tel: 3483 2050
> Unit 222A, 2/F,Enterprise Place (Bldg 9),
> No. 5 Science Park West Avenue,
> Hong Kong Science Park, Shatin, N.T.
>
> 佛山公司地址:南海区瀚天科技城8号楼15层I105
> 佛山公司电话:0757-86989295