[OpenIndiana-discuss] Problem with Dell iDRAC

Rich rercola at acm.jhu.edu
Mon Apr 22 19:25:37 UTC 2013

What NIC does the machine have?

My solution on Rx10 with the BCM NICs was to grab the bnx driver blob from
Joyent [
https://github.com/joyent/smartos-live/tree/master/overlay/generic/kernel/drv/amd64/bnx]
and throw that in /kernel/drv/amd64/bnx, bootadm update-archive, and
reboot. The BMC works great with that driver loaded and not the stock one.

[I have a ticket about this for Dell R815s -
https://www.illumos.org/issues/1552 ]

- Rich