[OpenIndiana-discuss] Yikes my new install is frozeup in Vbox

Geoff Nordli geoffn at gnaa.net
Thu Aug 8 02:43:20 UTC 2013

On 13-08-07 08:03 AM, Harry Putnam wrote:
> Thanks for the heads up about that.  I didn't notice anthing
> particularly compelling about 4.2 so wouldn't mind backing off.
>
> Its very good to know about things like this before making a costly
> move ... thanks.

We are using 4.1 in production and it is very stable, running on
Windows, Linux and OpenIndiana hosts.  I have been reluctant to move it
to 4.2 because of stability, but you lose out on performance.

One thing to note is someone on a list reported that illumos now builds
in a VM running Vbox 4.2.14:

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.os.illumos.devel/12666

That tells me if you want to run ZFS on OI, then you want to use the
4.2.x branch.

Geoff