[OpenIndiana-discuss] VMware

James Relph james at themacplace.co.uk
Sun Aug 11 17:57:53 UTC 2013

> If I recall correctly, you can set LACP parameters that determine how
> fast the switch-over occurs between ports, the interval at which the
> interfaces send LACP packets, and more. These can be set on either the
> OS or switch side depending on the vendor. So if you've determined
> that there is nothing wrong at either the physical layer or network
> and above, then the link layer is your most likely culprit. Applying
> the process of elimination or some other methodology is most advisable
> for these types of troubleshooting situations.

I'll have to have a look, but the thing is that we were seeing these datastore drops while at the same time we were running pings showing no dropped packets and no significant network latency.  If it was an LACP issue (ports dropping etc.) causing iSCSI issues, wouldn't we see dropped packets at the same time?

Thanks,

James.