[OpenIndiana-discuss] VMware

Gary gdriggs at gmail.com
Sun Aug 11 18:13:03 UTC 2013

On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 10:57 AM, James Relph <james at themacplace.co.uk> wrote:

> If it was an LACP issue (ports dropping etc.) causing iSCSI issues, wouldn't we see dropped packets at the same time?

The protocol calls for strict ordering of packets so one would think
ICMP would be useful in troubleshooting this. I remember using ping to
test switch-over and didn't put anything live on it until I could see
no noticeable outage after tuning my parameters. So if you're certain
layer two isn't at fault, have you covered the other four? For
example, is your hypervisor fully patched?

-Gary