[OpenIndiana-discuss] restore smb SIDs

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Tue Aug 27 20:45:36 UTC 2013

On 2013-08-27 22:35, Geoff Nordli wrote:
> I am using the built-in kcifs for smb.
>
> I was looking around for a tdb file and I could find one.

could NOT find? ;)

> This is kind of a low priority now since I have just rebuilt the users,
> but it would be good to know for future situations where I inadvertently
> boot into the wrong BE and lose some changes.  :)

I believe you are after /var/idmap/idmap.db which feeds the idmap
daemon with your static rules and overrides, at least if you are
integrated with an MSAD domain. Maybe is also used for standalones?

Also, for backups, you might want different krb5 directories and
files (/etc/krb* /var/krb5) with configs and/or data to communicate
with the MSAD controllers; /etc/pam*, nsswitch and stuff like that.
And maybe XML exports of SMF services for smb/server and idmap :)

HTH,
//Jim Klimov