[OpenIndiana-discuss] Problems using zones on hipster

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Sun Dec 8 17:04:31 UTC 2013

On 2013-12-08 17:38, Bryan N Iotti wrote:
> On a side note, I also have trouble creating a new unprivileged user, failing the creation of the home zfs dataset with "operation not applicable". Works fine if I point it to a directory outside of /home.
>
> What should I do to have a working /export/home ZFS dataset?

So... are you creating in "/home" or "/export/home", and in the global
or local zone?

Regarding the first half, the problem may be that "/home" is automounted
and autofs may be blocking other usage of the directory.

Regarding the second, are you trying to make a dataset outside of the
delegated tree from inside the zone?

Sorry if these questions are too "stupid" - I'd like to rule out simple
problems like typos, etc. first :)

Then again, it is possible that something got broken in hipster...
Especially looking at your "user at oi-userland:/export/user" prompt...